Legend Buttes Catalog Horse Sale
Friday, June 16th, 2023 ~ Crawford, Nebraska
Consignment Deadline: Friday, May 15th
"Honest People. Honest Horses"
Date: June 16, 2023
Location: Crawford, Nebraska
Team Roping Preview: Thursday, June 15th 6:00pm
Sale Day Preview-All Horses: Friday, June 16th 9:00am
Sale: 2 pm Mountain Time
Consignment Deadline: May 15th
The Legend Buttes Sale offers a catalog where featured horses can be viewed in a preview setting in the historic Old West Trail Rodeo arena at the base of the Legend Buttes. We strive to showcase your horses in a comprehensive way to ensure buyers can thoroughly view your horses showing off!
Our Preview is LIVESTREAMED on our Facebook Page "Crawford Livestock Market" at 9 a.m. Mountain time.
The sale is at 2 p.m. at the Crawford Livestock Salebarn, which is a large, clean, accommodating facility that has served producers since 1930! Crawford Livestock hosts the Legend Buttes Catalog Sale every June. We are excited to present the 6th Legend Buttes Catalog sale on June 16th, 2023.
Team Roping Preview: Thursday June 15th at 6:00 pm at the Old West Trail Rodeo Fairgrounds (online livestream on Crawford Livestock Facebook Page)
All Horse Preview: Friday, June 16th at 9:00 am at the Old West Trail Rodeo Fairgrounds (online livestream on Crawford Livestock Facebook Page)
Sale: Crawford Livestock Salebarn at 2 p.m. Mountain Time - 100 Beech Street, Crawford, NE
To reach the preview or the sale, follow HWY 20 (from east or westbound) until you arrive at 1st street (right next to the Fire Hall) turn onto the first street and travel north until you reach the park or one block past that is the sale barn.
We hope to see you at the sale!
To receive text message updates regarding sales at Crawford Livestock, text "customers" to the # 31996.
The top two high selling horses will receive custom buckles sponsored by Molly's Custom Silver
Robin Scherbarth (308) 360-3583
Cody Scherbarth (308) 430-0528
Office: (308) 665-2220 (Hours 8am-12pm & 1pm-5pm)
Fax: (308) 665-2224
Sale Day Preview Format
All Horses MUST show in the preview or they will not be allowed to sell during the sale. No Exceptions
- Warm up: 8am-9am - ALL HORSES
- National Anthem/Official Preview starts: 9am-Broadcast on Facebook LIVE ~ Crawford Livestock Market
- Trail Horse: 9-9:30am preview (Logs to walk over, gate, tire to drag, ect)
- Pattern provided. Horses will work in random draw order.
- Barrels/Poles: Immediately following trail. 1 walk/trot through & 1 rodeo run per horse
- Reining: 9:30-10am
- Pattern provided (circles, lead changes, stops, spins). Horses will work in Random Draw order that will be posted the morning of the preview.
- Cowhorse: 10-11am Pattern & Flag/Cattle
- Pattern provided. Consignor will complete the reining pattern & work the flag OR call for a steer to work or rope. Horses will work in random draw order.
- Roping Prospect: 11-11:30am Rope horse prospect preview (Roping the hot heels) All roping prospect horses may be in the arena taking turns heading or heeling the hot heels.
- Rope Horse: 11:30-12 am Breakaway, Tie Down and Team Roping
- Consignors can pick their partners in the team roping. Each horse will be allowed to run twice
- Note: an extensive roping preview will be held on Thursday night before the sale at 6pm. Rope horses are encouraged to check in on Thursday.
- Ranch Horse: 12-1:30 pm (Ranch Roping Team)
- Consignors will be in teams of 4-6. 2 steers and 1 cow will be in the arena and the consignors can ranch rope, tie down, team rope or sort on the animals similar to a ranch rodeo. Teams will be in random draw and assigned unless the consignor knows who they want to work with.
- Preview concludes 1:30pm -all horses go back to the salebarn to prepare for the sale which begins at 2pm and horses will sell in catalog order